Furniture and Furnishings
This Act covers all upholstery and upholstered furniture supplied by the landlord in a rented property. The regulations apply to all upholstered furniture manufactured after 1950.
Items Covered by the Regulation
- Beds, includes headboards and mattresses, sofa beds, futons and fold up guest beds.
- Nursery furniture.
- Cushion seats and pillows.
- Garden furniture that is suitable for indoor use.
Items that are Exempt
- Furniture manufactured before 1950.
- Sleeping bags.
- Bed linen (includes duvets).
- Pillow cases and loose mattress covers.
- Curtains and carpets