- Case Studies
- Online vs Traditional: Estate Agent Pros and Cons
- Rented, Managed, Planned & Designed - then SOLD
- Kent farmland sells at auction for nearly £90,000 per acre
- Ivors - a little piece of Kent history
- Sevenoaks auctioneers take part in national television programme
- Becky's Testimonial - my first house with Ibbett Mosely
- Fantastic opportunity for a fishing enthusiast
- The Old Forge and Tea Rooms
- Hampton Court House - Grade II Listed house in Farningham
- Harvel Lodge
- Woodlands Farm - substantial property with history
- House in Sevenoaks still lit by gas goes under the hammer
Sevenoaks auctioneers take part in national television programme
Auctioneers from Ibbett Mosely’s Sevenoaks-based auction rooms appeared on national television last week in BBC 1’s ‘Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is’.
Ibbett Mosely’s Derek Hodge and Alan White met celebrities Christina Trevanion and Mark Stacey who had to search the auction room and bid for items they liked and thought they would be able to sell for a profit. They both bought a number of items during the auction last October.
Auctioneer Alan White said: “It was fantastic to meet Christina and Mark and very exciting to have a TV crew filming our auction even though it was slightly nerve wracking. Taking part in the programme was a great way to raise awareness of our auction rooms and the types of things we sell.”
The items Christina and Mark purchased included, pictures, jewellery, a set of silver napkin rings, a pen stand, an upholstered chair, a footbath, a tea set, a miniature chair and a gilded mirror.
Both celebrities made excellent profits on their items. For example Christina snapped up a set of prints for £12 and sold them to a pub owner for £150. Mark also made a £130 profit on a painting he bought. However, both said that generally, prices were high.
The Ibbett Mosely team appeared in two programmes, one on Wednesday which focused on an auction in Sevenoaks, and a ‘round up’ programme the following Friday.
Known for its residential and commercial property services, Ibbett Mosely offers a complete range of integrated property services, from selling, letting and property management to planning consultancy and design, surveying and architectural services. The award-winning company also owns an auction house in Sevenoaks specialising in furniture, antiques and fine art.
Notes to Editors
For further information or to request and interview contact Suzi Christie at Blueberry PR on 01435 830031 or e-mail email@example.com.