Letting Your Property
When it comes to letting property, we have the expertise and understanding to advise our clients on every aspect of letting whether a property is furnished or unfurnished.
From letting individual properties to large portfolios our knowledge of the rental market means at every critical stage we are able to conduct matters on your behalf efficiently.
We have branches in Kent which are well placed to cover a wide area to attract potential tenants. As a name you can trust, we can ensure maximum exposure to the market.
We credit reference and identity check all of our tenants to give you peace of mind. We know that when a potential tenant views a property, first impressions count and can affect whether an offer is made or not. We understand how to take you through the process.
The Letting Process
- We arrange a free no obligation market appraisal.
- We discuss and agree a suitable rent and confirm this to you in writing.
- We arrange to market your property and conduct viewings if required.
- We update you on feedback.
- The tenant makes an offer which we submit to you.
- If the offer is accepted we apply for references.
Letting Your Property
- We inform you when we have obtained satisfactory references and seek your approval.
- We arrange to draft the tenancy agreement and insert any special negotiated clauses if necessary.
- We will arrange a moving in date with the tenant.
- We will arrange for an inventory to be completed to provide details of the contents and the property’s condition.
- We will collect the deposit and the rent before the tenant moves in.
- We will advise all the utility companies of the date the tenancy commences
- We will arrange for the keys to be handed over to the tenant.
We have a dedicated Property Management Department that can oversee fully managed properties and complete essential repairs and arrange payment to contractors.
Our primary concern is to ensure that the property is maintained, on your behalf, in the same condition as that in which it was first let, allowing for fair wear and tear.
Ibbett Mosely has a dedicated Accounts Department to ensure that your rent is paid on the date due and passed onto you as quickly as possible. They prepare statements of rental income and expenditure every month to ensure that you have full information for yourself and your tax return.
We can complete routine inspections of the property if required.
Extending or Terminating the Tenancy
Once the fixed term tenancy agreement expires we can negotiate a new fixed term tenancy to include reviewing the rent, some of the specific clauses or you can continue the tenancy on a statutory periodic basis where it goes beyond the fixed term.